Welcome by Principal
Nurturing and cultivating the children of today to be the leaders of tomorrow begins at a young age
Approximately 2100 years ago, Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Gamala discerned the need to alter a fundamental Torah directive.The Torah clearly states “V’shinantam L’vanecha – You shall instruct your children” and “V’limaditem osam es B’neichem – and you shall teach them (Torah and Mitzvos) to your children”; it is a parent’s responsibility to educate their children. Rabbi Yehoshua realised that times had changed and there was a need for much of
education to be outsourced, beyond the home, as such he established the concept of ‘The School’ – a place,
other than home, where children were taught Torah and instructed in the path of Mitzvos.
More than three generations ago, the Rebbes of Chabad established a unique model of school system, imbued with Chassidic values of warmth, inclusivity and joy in the service of Hashem. In 1941, the Frierdiker Rebbe (previous Lubavitcher Rebbe – Rabbi Yoseph Yitzchak Schneerson) established the Beth Rivkah school system to educate women, the stalwarts of the future Jewish homes and community. These schools were led by the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson. In 1949 Yeshivah College opened its doors with a humble three full time students. In 1956, Beth Rivkah Ladies College was established in Melbourne to educate future generations of young Jewish women in Melbourne.
Today we have the great merit to follow in Rabbi Yehoshua ben Gamala’s footsteps, and to continue the legacy commenced by the Frierdiker Rebbe. Today we are proud to provide children with educational opportunities parallel to none. Hashem entrusted you with the upbringing of these precious Neshamos and we thank you for entrusting them to us. We commit to provide them with an environment in which:
• Menschlichkeit becomes second nature
• Powerful Jewish identity is imbued with Chassidic values and joy in serving Hashem
• Love of learning and the skills of lifelong learning are at the core of all we do
• They are nurtured, loved and cared for, fostering healthy social and emotional development
• Uncompromised excellence in Jewish and General Studies offerings
• Exposure to a vast range of curricular and co-curricular formal and informal educational opportunities.
We have four major focal points in our operational vision for our school:
1. Continuously improve student learning and development, Yiras Shomayim and connection with Hashem
2. Nurture and recruit inspirational staff
3. Foster strong parent/communal and school partnerships
4. Resource management and enhancement.
With these four goals in mind we are excited to invite you to be an active part of your daughter’s/son’s schooling. We enjoy receiving your feedback and we believe that together we can truly fulfil the Mitzvah of “V’shinantam L’vanecha” in a way that will make Hashem so proud he will send us the ultimate ‘teacher’ and educator Moshiach Tzidkeinu.
Rabbi Yehoshua Smukler
Principal Yeshivah – Beth Rivkah Colleges
Find out more about enrolling your child in Yeshivah - Beth Rivkah Colleges by contacting our Parent Liaison, Michelle Blutman and book a school tour today.